Research / Academic
We search a motivated researcher who has:
- a MSc diploma in Geographical Information Science, Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or one other associated self-discipline;
- familiarity with spatial optimization issues reminiscent of path planning or route optimization;
- good programming abilities, particularly in Python;
- expertise with open supply libraries for dealing with geospatial knowledge;
- the flexibility to work in a staff and meet undertaking deadlines;
- good oral and writing communication abilities in English. A confirmed enough stage of English proficiency as indicated by an IELTS rating of 6.5 (with a minimal of 6.zero for talking) is required.
Furthermore, it’s a plus when you will have:
- understanding of agricultural equipment and agricultural practices;
- data of Global Navigation Satellite Systems;
- a earlier educational file (journal paper or convention publication);
- expertise with discipline robotics.
You will obtain a totally funded PhD place and you may be provided a course program tailor-made to your wants and the analysis staff.
The gross wage for the primary 12 months is € 2.395,- monthly rising to € 3.061,- within the fourth 12 months in based on the Collective Labour Agreement (scale P). This relies on a full working week of 38 hours. We provide a short lived contract for 18 months which can be prolonged at some point of the undertaking when you carry out nicely.
In addition, we provide:
- 8% vacation allowance;
- a structural end-of 12 months bonus of 8.3%;
- wonderful coaching alternatives and secondary employment circumstances;
- versatile working hours that we decide collectively in good session;
- wonderful pension plan by ABP;
- 232 trip hours, the choice to buy additional and good supplementary go away schemes, e.g.
the likelihood to work a most of two hours per week additional for additional go away;
- a versatile mannequin to place collectively a part of your employment circumstances your self, reminiscent of a bicycle plan;
- a vigorous office on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports activities amenities on campus for a small price.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates inner profession alternatives and mobility with our inner recruitment coverage. There are ample alternatives for private initiative in a studying atmosphere. With us you get a flexible job in a world atmosphere with a nice and open working environment, with college students and workers from over 100 nations around the globe.
You are going to work on the greenest and most revolutionary campus in Holland, and at a college that has been chosen because the “Best University” within the Netherlands for the 15th consecutive time.
38 hours per week