Ever wished to show your individual voice right into a musical instrument? Ever wished to your sundown pics to be extra superior than your holidays? Ever puzzled tips on how to interact your college students with “Big Data” and “higher-order functions”? Join us for the intense aspect of pc science!
Media Computation is a brand new option to study normal objective programming by taking part in with the substances of our favourite photos, music, films and books.
And the excellent news is: Once we’ve had all of the enjoyable on this planet, we already know every little thing we have to dive into the funky stuff of information science!
In this 4-week course you’ll discover ways to analyze, rework, and generate multi-media content material utilizing a programming language quite than a phrase processor, photograph editor, or music mixer.
And then you definitely simply apply it to knowledge. The exact same methods, programming ideas, and notional fashions which might be helpful for hacking media are additionally helpful for different programming duties and might even be immediately utilized to knowledge units from different sources and contexts.
This course goals to bridge the hole from introductory programming to extra superior computational competencies.
- Starting from: September 22, 2020, 09:00 UTC. (What does this mean?)
- Duration: Four weeks (4-Eight hours per week, relying on the time you make investments for the workout routines)
- Final examination: October 20, 2020, 9:00 UTC – October 28, 2020, 9:00 UTC
- Course language: English
- How is an openSAP course structured?
Week 1: Examine – Building Blocks of Media
Week 2: Enumerate – Numbers Are Everywhere
Week 3: Transform – Higher-Order Functions
Week 4: Transfer – It’s All Just Data
Week 5: Final Exam
- Educators in pc and media sciences
- Anyone who’s fascinated by studying concerning the constructing blocks of digital media
- People searching for another strategy to programming and knowledge science
- An understanding of primary programming ideas
- Familiarity with the Snap! growth setting – we advocate the introductory train on this course: open.sap.com/courses/snap1-1
For this course you want a contemporary internet browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. If you could have an unstable web connection, you would possibly wish to obtain Snap! right here: https://snap.berkeley.edu/offline