Investments in tech-based sustainability initiatives carry collectively greater than 120 organizations to guard the world’s pure ecosystem
TORONTO, July 29, 2020 /CNW/ – RBC immediately introduced its up to date roster of companions for the RBC Tech for Nature program. Empowered by a dedication from the RBC Foundation to help new concepts, applied sciences, and partnerships, RBC Tech for Nature is targeted on preserving the planet’s best wealth: our pure ecosystem. Launched in late 2019, this system invited setting and community-focused organizations to submit their software to affix the continuing dedication to advancing sustainability by technology-driven options.
Our strategy relies on the idea that modern utilization of knowledge and expertise can essentially remodel and enhance the world we dwell in. RBC Tech for Nature brings collectively charitable companions, expertise specialists, the private and non-private sector, in addition to RBC’s personal distinctive capabilities to construct the multi-partner coalitions wanted to work in direction of fixing our shared environmental challenges.
“The effects of climate change connect us all. The actions we take today can prepare us with the solutions needed to protect our shared future,” stated Valerie Chort, Vice-President of Corporate Citizenship for RBC and Executive Chair of the RBC Foundation. “At RBC, we believe climate change is one of the most pressing issues of our time. That’s why we continue to invest in a diverse set of partners and technologies solving environmental challenges – and support innovative ideas that move us towards a sustainable economy.”
There has by no means been a higher alternative for management, collaboration, ingenuity, and imaginative and prescient because it pertains to the setting. Through the help of RBC Tech for Nature, our companions shall be enabled to speed up and scale the options wanted to deal with our most urgent environmental challenges. Below are examples of our companions and their modern options:
- Canadian Red Cross: The Canadian arm of the most important international humanitarian community is collaborating with RBC to combine information science into their emergency administration framework. This modern, enhanced strategy to assessing catastrophe threat and bettering beneficiary help will make milestone enhancements for aiding people dealing with environmental crises.
- Earth Rangers: The largest program of its variety globally, partaking over 200,000 Canadian youngsters in environmental training and actions. RBC Tech for Nature helps the Earth Rangers app, a platform that encourages youth to take part in a variety of real-world environmental actions in addition to monitor participation and calculate the ensuing impression.
- Energy Futures Lab: An award-winning multi-sectoral collaboration platform that allows innovators to discover and form Canada’s vitality future. The initiative explores and exams how digital improvements may help resolve the local weather problem, whereas accelerating the transition to a sustainable vitality system.
- Second Harvest: An modern on-line platform that connects meals companies with surplus meals to native social service businesses to produce starvation reduction or meal applications. The surplus meals may be supplied and rescued on-demand, and in the end reduces the quantity of meals destined for landfill.
- SIKU: An on-line platform and cell app managed by the Arctic Eider Society that allows Indigenous communities to doc their data and observations in actual time, whereas sustaining mental property rights. Their aggregated insights – together with centralized Inuktitut language/terminology information and methods for monitoring sea ice situations, wildlife, local weather adjustments, and site names – are used for the advantage of Indigenous communities and their areas as an entire.
- Swim Drink Fish: An group that envisions a world with swimmable, drinkable, fishable water for everybody. Using expertise to teach and construct a motion of citizen-scientists devoted to defending native waters, Swim Drink Fish crowdsources its water situations information by its cell app. Using that information, it then distributes water security data for seashores, lakes, rivers, and swimming holes to tens of millions of individuals every year.
- Thames21: An environmental charity educating and interesting folks in sensible volunteering actions to look after rivers, streams and ponds throughout London, UK. Building an modern, new training program utilizing digital visualization instruments, Thames21 helps secondary college students higher perceive water points and supply the instruments wanted to take motion. Their visualization instruments will carry collectively a number of laptop fashions, together with from the University of Oxford’s Environmental Change Institute and the University of Reading’s Integrated Catchment Model, to assist carry water points to life.
In addition to accelerating and scaling expertise improvements, RBC Tech for Nature additionally helps initiatives that enhance the supply and accuracy of environmental information, affect optimistic conduct change because it pertains to environmental conservation, and end in tangible outcomes for extra sustainable communities.
RBC Tech for Nature is a core pillar of RBC’s Climate Blueprint – our enterprise strategy to accelerating clear financial progress and supporting shoppers within the transition to a low-carbon, sustainable financial system – and contributes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
To view the up to date checklist of RBC Tech for Nature companions, go to RBC.com/techfornature.
Royal Bank of Canada is a world monetary establishment with a purpose-driven, principles-led strategy to delivering main efficiency. Our success comes from the 84,000+ staff who carry our imaginative and prescient, values and technique to life so we may help our shoppers thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s largest financial institution, and one of many largest on the earth based mostly on market capitalization, now we have a diversified enterprise mannequin with a give attention to innovation and offering distinctive experiences to our 17 million shoppers in Canada, the U.S. and 34 different international locations. Learn extra at rbc.com.
We are proud to help a broad vary of neighborhood initiatives by donations, neighborhood investments and worker volunteer actions. See how at rbc.com/community-social-impact.
For additional data: Josh Humeniuk, [email protected], Corporate Communications, RBC, 416-567-5607