Jul 31, 2020 53m
Have you needed to generate superior experiences as PDFs utilizing Python? Maybe you wish to construct paperwork with tables, photographs, or fillable varieties. This week on the present we have now Mike Driscoll to speak about his ebook “ReportLab – PDF Processing with Python.”
Mike is an creator of a number of books about Python, and has not too long ago re-written his Python 101 ebook. He can be a member of the Real Python staff and has written a number of articles for the positioning. Along with our dialogue about ReportLab and PDFs, Mike talks about being a self-published creator. We additionally speak briefly about his favourite Python GUI framework.
Course Spotlight: How to Work With a PDF in Python
In this step-by-step course, you’ll discover ways to work with a PDF in Python. You’ll see easy methods to extract metadata from preexisting PDFs. You’ll additionally discover ways to merge, cut up, watermark, and rotate pages in PDFs utilizing Python and PyPDF2.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:01:23 – Python 101 ebook revisions/rewrite
- 00:04:48 – Python 201 ebook
- 00:05:47 – What Python GUI framework do you like?
- 00:12:46 – MouseVsPython YouTube channel
- 00:14:34 – Why write a ReportLab ebook?
- 00:16:11 – Kickstarter and self-publishing books
- 00:21:38 – Reader suggestions concerning the ebook
- 00:22:35 – What different PDF instruments are coated within the ebook?
- 00:23:48 – Differences with ReportLab Plus
- 00:25:00 – Flowables and PLATYPUS
- 00:28:56 – Video Course Spotlight
- 00:29:49 – What varieties of tasks have you ever used ReportLab for?
- 00:35:50 – Creating PDF varieties with ReportLab
- 00:40:21 – LaTeX comparability with ReportLab
- 00:41:40 – PDFMiner textual content extraction
- 00:43:17 – PyFPDF Library for PDF doc creation
- 00:45:28 – Camelot: PDF Table Extraction for Humans
- 00:47:17 – Working with passwords and encryption – PyPDF2
- 00:47:56 – What are you enthusiastic about on this planet of Python?
- 00:48:47 – Learning OpenCV
- 00:49:38 – What do you wish to be taught subsequent in Python?
- 00:50:20 – Suggestions for Python libraries to learn
- 00:52:11 – Thanks and Goodbye