Uber the enterprise that began when two younger males had hassle discovering a cab on a snowy night has now turn out to be of the highest startups on the planet. What started as simply an thought of letting one hail a cab with one’s smartphone is now revolutionizing the transport facility throughout the globe. Whether it’s a experience or a sandwich, Uber gives you with every part at a faucet of a button.
As per LinkedIn, Uber was the highest firm that job seekers selected in 2017. It nonetheless stays one of many high corporations to go for whether or not you desire a job or an internship.
We have for right here particulars about how the Uber internship course of takes place, how one can apply, and how one can clear the interview.
Types of internships at Uber and who’re eligible to use
Uber India provides internships to students of engineering, BBA, MBA, PhD, and associated disciplines for a interval of 2-6 months throughout their places of work in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi-NCR, and so on.
Engineering candidates can go for software program improvement and knowledge evaluation profiles whereas administration college students can go for internships in operations, advertising and marketing, and enterprise improvement.
PhD candidates usually work in research-oriented fields corresponding to UX analysis, statistical evaluation, and knowledge science.
Graduates even have the chance to work in buyer assist, regulation, design, and content material writing. Uber provides a aggressive stipend starting from 10-30Okay relying on the profile.
How to use for an Uber internship?
1. Online software: Apply on-line on the Uber careers portal. As part of Uber’s software course of, you’ll be able to both share your LinkedIn profile with the recruiter, add your resume in a PDF format, or enter your particulars manually.
2. Internshala: Uber posts its internship throughout varied profiles on Internshala all yr round. You can simply reply a easy ‘Why should you be hired?’ query and apply for Uber internships.
3. Emailing the HR: You can join with Uber workers on LinkedIn or Facebook and ask them to give you the e-mail id of the HR.
4. Campus recruitment: Uber hires interns from choose few faculties like DTU, IIMs, and IITs.
What to anticipate as soon as your Uber internship begins?
- Get able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- The common work hours throughout an internship at Uber are 40-50 hours per week.
- However, you may need to spend some additional time to complete up your work and meet the deadlines. But, don’t fear — the managers are pleasant and the office is fairly chilled out.
- Software improvement interns are paired with an onboarding buddy who helps them navigate the codebase and inside programs.
- Most Uber internships additionally include a pre-placement provide.
Advice from ex-Uber interns
1. Have a transparent understanding of the enterprise mannequin of Uber. Read up on recent news, articles, and case research on-line. Also, learn points associated to taxi aggregators.
2. Participation in hackathons, coding challenges, and former internship experience offers you an edge within the interview.
3. The interviewers take a look at you in your potential to assume in your toes, so be logical and fast together with your solutions.
Pro tricks to get an internship at Uber India
2. Get accustomed to their product out and in and pitch any concepts that you’ve for Uber within the interview.
– Article by Sarvesh Agrawal, Founder and CEO of Internshala, an internship and coaching platform