NORC on the University of Chicago is likely one of the largest and most extremely revered social analysis organizations pursuing top quality social science analysis each within the U.S. and internationally.
NORC is in search of a Database Specialist for the five-year USAID Ukraine Monitoring and Learning Support (M&LS) contract. This collaborative undertaking is helping the USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus to implement its Country Development Cooperation Strategy and growth aims by means of insurance policies, methods, and program practices that assist Ukraine on its Journey to Self-Reliance. A key function of M&LS is its sturdy, dynamic and systems-driven deal with Collaboration, Learning and Adapting approaches. A system-wide capability constructing strategy, grounded in sturdy, dependable knowledge, is essential for the iterative studying and adapting that’s required of USAID/Ukraine.
This is a full time place primarily based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Women are strongly inspired to use.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Database Specialist will assist the event, enchancment, and administration of huge databases, particularly of undertaking indicators. This will embrace assessment of USAID’s present databases and knowledge pipelines on Google’s workplace platform, figuring out strengths, weaknesses, and proposals for enchancment. The Specialist will lead on system enchancment efforts, together with the standardization and integration of assorted datasets, whereas working intently with USAID employees to tailor methods to totally different customers’ wants and construct their capability to make use of new methods. The Specialist will even contribute to efficiency monitoring work, together with knowledge high quality assessments (DQAs), knowledge assortment, evaluation, and reporting. This requires working intently with the monitoring and analysis (M&E) crew members and knowledge analyst to assessment indicators and reporting necessities, making certain the undertaking’s compliance. The Specialist will even present technical help to USAID employees in creating efficient instruments and processes to gather, handle, and report monitoring knowledge.
• Master’s diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or one other related discipline or a Bachelor’s diploma
• At least three years of related skilled expertise;
• Working information of Google’s workplace suite and google apps scripts for automation;
• Strong working information of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database administration methods;
• Understanding of structured question language (SQL);
• Advanced information of Microsoft Office suite (together with Excel and Access) and its Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language;
• Familiarity with USAID and/or different worldwide donor organizations or tasks;
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation abilities; and
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian.
• Knowledge of statistical programming languages resembling R, Python, or STATA. (Python is strongly most popular)
• Familiarity with USAID efficiency knowledge info methods, or different such methods;
• Experience in coaching and different capability constructing actions;
• Familiarity with GIS and/or knowledge visualization strategies; and/or
• Familiarity with USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates ought to e mail a CV and canopy letter to email@example.com and with Database Specialist within the topic line.
SUPPORT THE KYIV POST
Independent Ukraine wants unbiased journalism