Senior Software Engineer – IDE Intelligence
Bloomberg is the worldwide chief in enterprise and monetary information, information and perception. Using the ability of know-how, we join the world’s resolution makers to correct info on the monetary markets – and assist them make quicker, smarter selections.
We’re now going one step additional
We are constructing a brand new product from scratch to open up our information, core merchandise and visualizations to information scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our customers can now fetch and work together with Bloomberg information and merchandise utilizing Python, and apply all of the instruments of the info science ecosystem to their analyses, unlocking unprecedented flexibility and customizability.
Where do you are available?
Our monetary information science platform is constructed on prime of the open-source Project Jupyter ecosystem. You shall be creating Jupyter IDE options to extend our customers’ productiveness, with an emphasis on enhancing how our customers uncover APIs, code samples, and different improvement assets.
Who are you?
- You are an skilled full-stack engineer with an curiosity in IDE options and developer productiveness
- You are capable of take giant, ambiguous issues and switch them into concrete execution plans by means of analysis, scoping, and shut collaboration with stakeholders
- You have expertise mentoring junior engineers
We’ll belief you to:
- Build Jupyter linting instruments and clever code enhancing capabilities
- Build code discovery and search capabilities
- Develop and deploy sturdy software program requiring minimal upkeep
You must have:
- Experience supporting manufacturing techniques
- An understanding that software program must be saved so simple as attainable
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or associated know-how area
We’d like to see:
- Experience working with search applied sciences resembling Apache Solr
- Experience constructing full-stack functions, together with service APIs and database design
- Experience contributing to open-source initiatives
- An appreciation for a way our information units underpin the world’s monetary techniques – if you do not know something about finance, you will choose it up by interacting with a world-class crew of market specialists.
If this sounds such as you, apply!
Bloomberg has funded main initiatives within the Project Jupyter neighborhood, resembling JupyterLab, Voilà (a Jupyter dashboarding answer), and a JupyterLab debugger. Your teammates shall be ACM Software System Award-winning Project Jupyter members! See them discussing their work at:
We lately posted a “meet the team” weblog put up, take a look at the hyperlink beneath to get to know our SF engineering workplace!
Bloomberg is an equal alternatives employer, and we worth variety at our firm. We don’t discriminate on the idea of race, faith, shade, nationwide origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital standing, veteran standing, or incapacity standing.