The annual Analytics India Salary report offered by AIM and AnalytixLabs is the one annual examine in India that delves into wage developments and supplies a complete view of the altering panorama of analytics salaries. The report, now in its sixth 12 months, have a look at the distribution of common salaries throughout a number of classes together with years of expertise, metropolitan areas, industries, schooling ranges, gender, instruments, and expertise.
The Data Analytics perform is experiencing vital progress and growth when it comes to expertise, capabilities, and funding. Last 12 months, regardless of the pandemic, the Indian start-up trade witnessed $836.Three million funding, virtually a 10% (9.7%) enhance than the earlier 12 months. Also, greater than one in five (21%) analytics groups throughout companies in India witnessed a progress within the final 12 months and the post-pandemic job market noticed an upswing of knowledge science jobs. The growth of the info science area is evidenced by the excessive salaries drawn by analytics professionals throughout the group, with Analytics professionals doing comparatively nicely despite the pandemic.
The scale of progress of any area is evinced by the salaries drawn by skilled professionals or the expansion within the proportion of skilled professionals drawing larger salaries. This previous 12 months has certainly been an efficient progress 12 months for the Data Science and Analytics area, with a rise within the median wage within the analytics perform and a corresponding enhance in salaries and the proportion of execs within the higher expertise cadre.
To know extra about our analysis companies, go to AIMResearch
Read stories from earlier years.
- The median wage of analytics professionals in India in 2021 is INR 13.4 Lakhs – a 6.9% decline over the 2020 median wage of INR 14.4 Lakhs. Much of the lower in wage might be attributed to the pandemic. In spite of this, the median has remained above the 2019 median.
- The proportion of the analytics professionals stays the very best within the entry and middle-income ranges (0-6 Lakhs – 38.2% and 6-10 Lakhs – 20.3%). The wage cuts led to a rise within the share of Analytics professionals in decrease brackets.
- However, 41.5% of all of the analytics professionals fall below the upper earnings degree (higher than 10 Lakhs every year). The share of analytics professionals with higher than 10 lakh wage was 45.6% in 2020, signifying a lower within the share of execs within the bracket
SECTION 1: SALARY DISTRIBUTION ACROSS VARIOUS BRACKETS
This part covers the findings of the proportion dimension and median salaries of analytics professionals throughout expertise and wage ranges. While the median wage of all analytics professionals is 13.4 Lakhs, the best proportion of analytics professionals fall below the 0-6 Lakhs class at 38.2%. This is adopted by the 6-10 Lakhs wage degree that has 20.3% of the analytics professionals.
However, 41.5% of all of the analytics professionals fall below the upper earnings degree, higher than 10 Lakhs. The wage ranges of 10-15, 15-25, 25- 50 Lakhs have vital proportions of 16%, 14.5%, and seven.8% respectively. The proportions for these ranges have fallen from the corresponding 2020 percentages of 17%, 16.2%, and eight.5%, highlighting the non permanent shift induced by the pandemic.
SECTION 2: SALARIES IN ANALYTICS COMPARED TO OTHER IT ROLES
The influence of any perform or position inside a broader area is highlighted after evaluating the salaries of that perform with these of the broader area. with these of the broader area. For the Analytics perform, the salaries earned by professionals are the very best vis-à-vis the salaries for different roles – underscoring the influence of analytics roles throughout organizations.
The median wage for analytics professionals, at Rs. 13.4 Lakhs is 4% larger than the salaries for the following highest wage of Cloud Developer professionals. Similarly, the wage for an Analytics skilled is 44% larger than that of a Software Engineer, and 36% and 50% larger than the salaries of an IT Developer and a Java Developer respectively.
SECTION 3: SALARY TRENDS ACROSS CITIES
Once once more, Mumbai emerges because the vacation spot for the very best salaries for analytics workers at 14.7 Lakhs every year as median wage, adopted by Bengaluru at 14.5 Lakhs.
- The larger price of dwelling in Mumbai has pushed the salaries of analytics professionals to the very best degree as in comparison with different cities.
- Apart from that, it’s a very sector-niche location as the vast majority of Domestic Banks (ICICI and HDFC Bank), Consulting Firms, MNC Banks, and Investment companies (Nomura), have their head places of work, monetary and funding centres, and analytics operations primarily based out of Mumbai.
- Mumbai additionally noticed the most important lower in analytics salaries within the final 12 months, at 5.7% whereas Bengaluru noticed the bottom lower in salaries, at simply 1.2%.
- Bangalore is a bunch to many of the trade startups or within the case of Ola or PhonePe have their administration or analytics primarily based out of Bengaluru. Along with the startups, a number of the high MNCs captive centres like Accenture, Oracle, Dell and the presence of high home IT companies headquartered in TCS, Infosys, and Wipro has made Bangalore town with the second-highest median wage for Analytics Professionals.
- Similarly, the BPO/KPO hub of Delhi NCR registers the median salaries for analytics personnel at third place at 13.0 Lakhs
- Pune and Hyderabad are positioned 4th and fifth when it comes to salaries at 11.8 Lakhs and 11.6 Lakhs respectively.
- The salaries of analytics professionals in Chennai is the bottom (amongst massive cities) at INR 11.0 Lakhs
SECTION 4: SALARIES ACROSS EXPERIENCE LEVELS
Comparing the median wage throughout expertise ranges, the salaries of Analytics professionals at larger positions have been impacted greater than the others as a result of pandemic. This might be due to an uneven share of wage cuts throughout an organization, with salaries of Analytics professionals in senior roles receiving the brunt greater than the junior roles.
With home and worldwide enterprises establishing devoted analytics capabilities, the variety of senior-level employment throughout organizations has risen. Almost one in six (16.2%) of Analytics workers throughout corporations have greater than 12 years of expertise. This is indicative of corporations hiring senior professionals to achieve insights and intelligence on customers, markets, and the following progress merchandise.
The median wage of Analytics professionals with Three to six years of expertise decreased by a negligible 0.9% and stands at 8.4 Lakhs every year. The median salaries of execs with expertise higher than 12 years are the very best throughout all expertise ranges, at 28 lakhs/ annum. This is a lower from final 12 months’s wage of 29.9 Lakhs, a drop of just about 6.4%. Similarly, the salaries for the expertise ranges of 10-12 years and 6-10 years additionally recorded a lower over the past 12 months and stand at 17.9 Lakhs (5.5% drop) and 13.1 Lakhs (3.4% drop) respectively, highlighting a pandemic induced lower in salaries.
SECTION 5: SALARIES ACROSS INDUSTRIES
This 12 months, crucial issue to resolve salaries throughout sectors was the pandemic. The influence of the pandemic, and the ensuing lockdown restrictions, was felt unequally by completely different industries. Some sectors like manufacturing needed to halt their capabilities totally, whereas the significance of sectors like e-commerce elevated drastically.
- Analytics professionals within the Telecom sector, as they did final 12 months, have the very best median salaries throughout all sectors at 17.9 Lakhs. The telecom sector additionally noticed a drop of just about 10% in salaries since final 12 months’s salaries of 19.Eight lakhs.
- The professionals within the Energy/ Industrials sector command a wage of Rs. 15 Lakhs. This sector noticed the most important drop in salaries, of 18%, since final 12 months at 18.2 Lakhs. The Energy/Industrials sector now lags the CPG/Retail when it comes to median salaries for analytics professionals.
- CPG/Retail sector salaries remained the identical as final 12 months at 17.6 Lakhs every year.
- The Media & Entertainment and e-commerce sectors determine decrease in rank when it comes to workers’ salaries at 13.Three and 12.6 Lakhs respectively. The workers in these 2 sectors have seen a drop in salaries over final 12 months – 3% and 5% respectively.
- The workers within the Travel and Hospitality sector have the bottom median wage at 11.9 Lakhs, with a drop of just about 7%.
- The Banking sector is likely one of the earliest adopters of analytics in India. Moreover, after the IT corporations, banking organizations are the most important recruiters of analytics professionals in India. The median wage for Banking for analytics professionals at the moment is on the center of the unfold at 14.6 Lakhs, a drop of seven%.
- The CPG/Retail has the very best variety of professionals (6.2%) within the higher wage bracket of 50 Lakh and above. This is adopted by the Telecom sector that has 5.5% of its professionals within the bracket of salaries higher than 50 Lakhs.
- Finally, the most important proportion of entry-level analytics professionals are employed within the Travel/Hospitality sector at 45%, commanding salaries lower than 6 Lakhs every year.
- All the sectors noticed a lower in salaries within the final 1 12 months, with Energy/Industrials witnessing the most important drop of 18%.
SECTION 6: SALARIES ACROSS DATA SCIENCE ROLES
This 12 months the Data Engineers and the Big Data Specialists surpassed the median wage of AI Engineers by a slender margin. The median wage for these roles in 2021 is at 14.9 and 14.8 lakhs every year indicating a rise of two.3% and three.0% respectively from final 12 months. The AI Engineers’ median wage stands at 14.6 Lakhs every year. This median signifies a 7.3% lower as in comparison with 2020 (when it was 15.7 Lakhs). The median salaries for reporting and MIS professionals are the bottom and the identical as final 12 months at 8.6 Lakhs every year.
SECTION 7: SALARIES BY COMPANY TYPES
In this part, the varieties of corporations have been categorised on the premise of the core operations (captive, home companies, IT service suppliers) of the organizations.
The salaries of analytics personnel inside Captive Centres are on the highest band of all median salaries at 16.9 Lakhs. However, this confirmed a drop of 10.0% as in comparison with the 2020 median.
Consulting companies have massive analytics operations – they supply analytics companies both as a standalone perform or as a part of all the consulting package deal. Within all the package deal, they leverage analytics to attract inferences and suggestions for his or her shoppers. These two companies are offered for each international and home shoppers from their India operation centres. Consulting companies thus provide the second-highest salaries at 16.2 Lakhs, which is identical as final 12 months.
The Boutique Analytics companies are small to medium-sized service suppliers with a distinct segment give attention to analytics and associated fields. Boutique Analytics companies noticed a rise of 7.6% and jumped forward of Domestic Firms as in comparison with the final 12 months. In 2021, the Boutique Analytics companies are paying a median wage of 13.9 lakh every year as in comparison with the 13.Four lakh of 2020.
While home companies like Reliance, Godrej, and Aditya Birla have arrange unique analytics models, Data Science and Analytics may need taken a again seat throughout the pandemic. Similar is the case with large IT companies, like Wipro, Infosys, and TCS, who present Analytics companies to different corporations as part of their worth chain. Both varieties of companies noticed an enormous decline of their median wage. The IT companies corporations dropped the median wage of Analytics Professionals by the very best margin at 13.3% in 2021. The 2021 median wage stands at 10.Four lakh every year as in comparison with 12.1 lakhs final 12 months.
SECTION 8: SALARIES BY EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
Not solely does engineering or a administration diploma aid you hike your wage it additionally issues which institute the masters/ bachelors is from as nicely. The possibilities of a better wage are higher by a big margin when your bachelors/masters is from a top-tier institute just like the IIT, IISc, or the IIM.
Engineering undergraduates from top-tier establishments, like final 12 months, have the very best median salaries at 24.2 lakh every year, which is nearly the identical as final 12 months. On the flip aspect, an worker with an engineering undergraduate diploma from the broader pool of establishments earns a wage of 13.2 Lakhs. Hence, an engineering diploma from a top-tier, premier institute, can earn workers 83.8% greater than these workers from the broader engineering undergraduate.
Management post-graduates from top-tier institutes draw the second-highest median wage of 24.1 Lakhs in 2021. This was a 1.9% rise from final 12 months. An worker from the broader pool of MBA establishments can command a wage of 15.6 Lakhs Hence, a administration diploma from a top-tier, premier institute, can earn workers 55.2% greater than these workers from the broader MBA graduate.
While engineering and administration graduates from top-tier institutes have a negligible distinction of their median wage, the hole between the 2 graduates for different institutes is 18.0%. The PhD graduates noticed a big decline of 5.5% of their median salaries because it dropped from 22.6 lakh every year to 21.Three lakh every year The non-engineering undergraduates or non-MBA post-graduates earn the least at 12.5 and 12.Zero lakh every year respectively.
SECTION 9: GENDER SALARY GAP
While the analytics perform has seen vital total progress when it comes to salaries and capabilities, the wage disparity between ladies and men workers nonetheless exists. While the pandemic didn’t enhance the gender pay hole within the Analytics trade prefer it did in any other case, the hole has remained virtually the identical prior to now few years. This hole is attributed to low feminine illustration, highlighted in our Women in AI report. This exists due to the affiliation of analytics, and the broader science and expertise capabilities with males, whereas girls are related extra with capabilities associated to social sciences and humanities.
Men command a median wage of 14.6 Lakhs, whereas girls command a median wage of 10.1 Lakhs. The median wage of girls is thus 45% decrease than the median wage of males and is 25% decrease than the general median wage of 13.4 Lakhs.
This 12 months, the median wage hole between the salaries of women and men has marginally lowered to 45% from final 12 months’s massive hole of 47%. Overall, the salaries of males lowered by 7.2% within the final 1 12 months. Compared to this, the salaries of girls decreased by 5.9%.
SECTION 10: SALARIES BY TOOLS
Analytics professionals with Python as a major talent set noticed their salaries rise from 15.Three to 15.Eight lakhs in 2021, an increase of 4% Python is at the moment the very best required “tool” talent set in analytics. Hadoop noticed the very best decline in median wage at 15%. In 2021, the median wage for professionals specialising in Hadoop stands at 12.0 Lakhs every year as in comparison with 14.1 Lakhs from final 12 months.
While the Analytics trade continues to develop, it was no exception to the pandemic. Firms needed to resort to funds cuts impacting Analytics professionals’ salaries. The median wage of Analytics professionals in India stands at 13.4 Lakhs every year in 2021, which indicated an 8.3% decline as in comparison with 2020 when it was at 14.4 Lakhs. However, this didn’t spell all doom and gloom as, despite the pandemic, the trade was in a position to keep the median above 2019.
The funds cuts resulted within the redistribution of wage brackets because the share of Analytics professionals in decrease brackets elevated. The share of Analytics professionals with decrease wage brackets within the 0-6 Lakh every year elevated by 4.9 share factors. On the opposite hand, the proportion of analytics professionals with higher than 10 lakh wage was 41.5% in 2021, indicating a lower of 4.1 share factors from 2020.
In conclusion, recent graduates contemplating a profession in IT, and skilled IT or area professionals contemplating a profession shift ought to think about a profession within the analytics area and upskilling to an analytics functionality respectively. Such professionals may have a look at the sectors or corporations which have digitised extra after the pandemic and give attention to enhancing their expertise past Python to develop particular experience that’s extra in demand.
There is ample alternative for progress, when it comes to studying, functionality, and compensation within the analytics perform – analytics professionals commanded the very best wage throughout all IT capabilities.
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE REPORT
To know extra about our analysis companies, go to AIMResearch