India is a various nation. We have our flaws. But there are particular areas the place we have now been far more progressive than different international locations of the world.
Have a glance.
1. India was the primary nation to have a provision of miscarriage leaves.
Recently, when New Zealand handed a laws giving moms and their companions the appropriate to paid go away following a stillbirth or miscarriage, most of us got here to know that such a paid go away already exists in India.
The Maternity Benefit Act 1961 states that in case of miscarriage, a lady might be entitled to paid go away of 6 weeks instantly following the day of her miscarriage. Women are required to submit proof for miscarriage and wilful termination of being pregnant (abortion) is excluded from this.
2. While India does not have a menstrual go away coverage, the state of Bihar introduced menstrual leaves for girls again in 1992.
The tips read:
All ladies employees is eligible to avail two days of particular go away each month due to organic cause. This is along with all the opposite eligible leaves.
3. India is the one country amongst G-20 nations that’s on observe to fulfill its local weather change mitigation commitments underneath the 2015 Paris Agreement.
According to a report by Climate Transparency, India is on observe to fulfill the higher purpose of curbing international warming by 2 levels Celsius by the top of the century. India has promised to scale back its emissions depth by 33-35% by 2030 and took actions in its power, waste, trade, transport and forestry sectors.
4. India would be the first nation on the planet to introduce Artificial Intelligence within the college curriculum in VI commonplace, based on Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
The union minister made this assertion whereas addressing the 25th Conovocation of All India Management Association (AIMA) and explaining the imaginative and prescient of New Education Policy.
5. India is the world’s second most promising supply of world innovation.
6. India is the first nation on the planet to efficiently put the Mars Orbiter Mission into orbit in its very first try.
Not simply this, India’s Mangalyaan can also be the most affordable such mission until now.
7. India has the world’s largest postal community.
There are 1,56,600 put up workplaces throughout the nation. The postal community performed an important function throughout the nationwide coronavirus lockdown in India. They had been in a position to ship medicines, protecting gear and ventilators, together with COVID-19 testing kits throughout lockdown.
8. Indians spend extra time studying than anybody else on the planet, based on a report in 2017.
The NOP World Culture Score Index which surveyed 30 main international locations, ranked India because the nation that loves studying essentially the most if the time spent doing so is considered. As per report, Indians spent 10.Four hours/week studying.
9. Before working from dwelling turned regular, legal guidelines in India allowed ladies workers to do business from home along with the maternity profit interval if the character of labor permits that.
The situation being that the feminine worker and her employer have to agree on the length of the `do business from home’ association.
Being proud one feat at a time.