“I think that it’s important for me to not only represent Lincoln County Schools, but my children who are products of Lincoln County Schools,” he mentioned. “My best role models were my parents and my sisters. Between my sisters, my parents, my wife and myself, we have over 165 years of educational experience. That’s not to brag, it’s just to say that we love it and that’s part of who we are as a family.”
The board mentioned including the district to a decision requesting the flexibleness to return to Plan A on a neighborhood foundation. Board member Joan Avery was towards becoming a member of in on this decision. The board additionally mentioned returning to face-to-face conferences whereas sustaining the livestream for public viewing. Board member Heather Rhyne introduced the proposal to take away Zoom as an choice for board conferences saying that she felt like board members must “hold themselves to the same expectations as they have for their staff” and meet in particular person and now not supply Zoom as an choice. She additionally felt that it might assist develop relations and teamwork. Because unanimous consensus couldn’t be arrived at throughout this assembly, the choice was tabled.
A mowing and mulch contract with U.S. Lawns within the quantity of $114,966 for mowing and $48,043.13 for mulch was accepted.
Policy 7910, Retirement, whereby everlasting, full-time workers who’re retired from Lincoln County Schools are entitled to complimentary exercise go permitting them entry to athletic and different extracurricular occasions within the college district was prolonged from March 13 via June 30 for indoor athletic occasions for all center and excessive faculties, or till the governor lifts present restrictions.
The college calendar was amended primarily based on data acquired relating to the 2022 non-presidential main elections which can happen on May three which can change into a compulsory workday/distant studying day.
The board accepted a revision to the 2021-2022 curriculum information to permit freshmen to attend the Lincoln County School of Technology. Freshmen shall be allowed to attend Adobe Academy programs, attire, introductory pc science, cybersecurity/community safety, digital design/animation, drafting, inside design, introduction to engineering design, principals of engineering and Python programming
A neighborhood member, Debbie Dunn appeared earlier than the board to request that her daughter, who’s looking for nomination and appointment with the United States Air Force Academy, be allowed to participate in sports activities at North Lincoln High School as a homeschooled pupil. In the plus delta portion of the assembly, board member Myra Heavner recommended that if they need to “help the kid, then why not,” nevertheless, the opposite members of the board have been reluctant to contemplate it.
In different enterprise, the next people and groups have been acknowledged for his or her athletic accomplishments
• East Lincoln High School Men’s Swim Team
• Sam Brooks, Swimming, East Lincoln High School
• Devin Poteat, Swimming, East Lincoln High School
• Cordin Schrum, Swimming, Lincolnton High School
• North Lincoln High School Men’s Basketball Team
• Cole Seagle, Basketball – North Lincoln High School
• Jack Carter, Basketball – North Lincoln High School
• Dennis Frye, Basketball – North Lincoln High School
• Recognized as a recipient of the Extraordinary Exceptional Educator Award by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction was Jama Smith who’s the lead speech-language pathologist for Lincoln County Schools.
• Josh Sain was acknowledged because the recipient of the Central Office Personnel to Watch Award by the North Carolina Association for Middle School Level Education. Sain is the multi-tiered system of helps and academically or intellectually gifted coordinator for Lincoln County Schools.
• Lincoln County Schools workers members have been acknowledged for his or her heroic efforts and dedication to serve college students through the COVID pandemic.