Running large-scale simulations of the universe. Sequencing the DNA of historic wolves. Bringing human-like qualities to robots. Finding new methods to treatment tuberculosis. It’s all in a day’s work for the scientific researchers at Durham University.
For these and numerous different analysis initiatives, groups of scientists on the UK college make use of modern excessive efficiency computing clusters from Dell Technologies and, more and more, machine studying applied sciences to glean insights from monumental datasets. All of this work solidifies Durham University’s repute as a world-class analysis establishment.
And this brings us to the information of the day: Durham University has joined the ranks of the top-tier analysis establishments which were acknowledged as Dell Technologies HPC & AI Centers of Excellence. These establishments embody:
- Supercomputing Wales and the Cambridge Dell Intel Centre within the UK
- The University of Pisa Competence Center in Italy
- The Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Automation and Monash University in Asia Pacific
- The Centre for High Performance Computing in South Africa
- Arizona State University, San Diego Supercomputer Center and Texas Advanced Computing Center within the United States
That’s an amazing membership to affix. But other than bragging rights, what does it imply to be an HPC & AI Center of Excellence? Let’s discover that query.
Hubs for innovation and experience
Dell Technologies HPC & AI Centers of Excellence are hubs for innovation and experience in options for knowledge analytics, excessive efficiency computing and synthetic intelligence. These Centers present thought management, consider new applied sciences and share greatest practices.
The facilities additionally preserve native trade partnerships and luxuriate in direct entry to merchandise and options from Dell Technologies and different expertise creators. They assist tech corporations incorporate person suggestions and desires into product roadmaps. Through collaboration, HPC & AI Centers of Excellence present a community of sources primarily based on the vast‑ranging know‑how and expertise of expertise builders, service suppliers and trade subject material specialists.
Five causes to get engaged
Dell Technologies HPC &AI Centers of Excellence complement the choices of our worldwide Customer Solutions Centers and Executive Briefing Centers to assist organizations keep aggressive within the knowledge period.
With that thought in thoughts, listed below are 5 methods by which these facilities may also help your group capitalize on HPC and AI options:
- Use excessive efficiency knowledge analytics to find new methods to course of, visualize and predict future wants.
- Leverage AI, machine studying and deep studying experience, greatest practices, and testing and tuning on a wide selection of the most recent applied sciences to optimize outcomes.
- Gain expertise with excessive‑powered options throughout a number of areas for visualization, modeling and simulation of complicated knowledge units.
- Use efficiency evaluation, optimization and benchmarking to determine the proper expertise for the proper utility.
- Learn the way to use system design, implementation and operation, along with monitoring and I/O benchmarking, to keep away from efficiency bottlenecks, lower energy and cooling wants, and tackle reliability and resilience points.
A couple of closing ideas
Dell Technologies and Intel are dedicated to fostering the alternate of concepts for the development of revolutionary, highly effective HPC and AI options. To that finish, we provide not solely world‑class expertise options but in addition world‑class experience to assist our prospects chart a path to digital transformation.
But we don’t do any of this alone. We work in shut collaboration with our companions, prospects and Centers of Excellence — together with Durham University — to assist organizations around the globe put expertise to work to get higher on the issues they do greatest.
To Learn More
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.