- Online occasion on 1st May to debate COVID-19 analysis round AI and biomedical large knowledge
- New MSc Bioinformatics to launch in September 2021
The University of Birmingham Dubai has appointed a programme lead for the brand new MSc in Bioinformatics, which is able to begin in September 2021. Dr Danesh Moradigaravand will probably be working a workshop this Saturday, 1st May, to introduce the programme for anybody keen on studying extra about bioinformatics.
Together with Professor Jean-Baptiste Cazier, Director of the Centre for Computational Biology (CCB) and Chair of Bioinformatics, Alan Turing Fellow, members will probably be taken by means of a spread of analysis initiatives undertaken by the Centre for Computational Biology (CCB) on the University of Birmingham. The multi-disciplinary centre has performed a central position within the pioneering scientific analysis on COVID-19, by offering descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive data-driven insights to grasp the epidemiology of COVID-19 and determine threat elements on the inhabitants stage.
Professor Cazier and Dr Moradigaravand may even current the broad ongoing analysis applications in different subfields of well being knowledge science on the CCB, together with human inhabitants variety of Middle Eastern populations, and environmental bioinformatics.
As the primary face-to-face graduate MSc program of its sort within the Gulf area, the University of Birmingham Dubai’s MSc in Bioinformatics has been designed to handle the actual current wants and data gaps in interdisciplinary quantitative biomedical fields within the area.
Dr Moradigaravand involves Dubai from the University of Birmingham’s UK campus the place he has been lecturing in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology for the final three years. His analysis goals to offer a higher understanding of evolutionary dynamics of bacterial populations. To this finish, he develops theoretical evolutionary genetics fashions and computational frameworks and conducts genomic knowledge analyses by taking a machine studying strategy. In specific, the main target is on the evolution of antibiotic resistance in pathogens in scientific and non-clinical settings.
The occasion ‘‘AI to Leverage Biomedical Big Data’ will happen on-line Saturday 1st May from 3pm – 4pm. Find out extra concerning the occasion right here: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/events/dubai-events-2020-21/ai-to-leverage-biomedical-big-data-saturday-1-may.aspx
As the primary world prime 100 and UK Russell Group college to ascertain a campus in Dubai, Birmingham presents programmes in enterprise, economics, laptop science, mechanical engineering, accounting, cash banking and finance, psychology and worldwide regulation and globalisation, in addition to instructor coaching.
To discover out extra concerning the programs obtainable on the University of Birmingham Dubai, please go to https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai .
For extra info, please contact: Samantha Dancy, Footstep Communications email@example.com
About University of Birmingham Dubai
- The University of Birmingham is the primary world prime 100 and UK Russell Group college to ascertain a campus in Dubai
- The University of Birmingham Dubai opened its doorways to college students in September 2018 and presents levels which can be taught, examined and accredited to the identical recognised excessive requirements as these delivered on its UK campus.
- The University of Birmingham Dubai presents programmes in instructor coaching, enterprise, economics, laptop science, and mechanical engineering, accounting and finance, cash banking and finance, and worldwide regulation and globalisation.
- The University is famend for its analysis excellence and its researchers have acquired 11 Nobel Prizes. From pioneering organ transplants, discovering gravitational waves and furthering understanding of Shakespeare, to growing cures for most cancers, advances in robotics and revealing the construction of DNA, the University has been on the forefront of a number of the most ground-breaking discoveries of the final 100 years.
- Birmingham is acknowledged for producing globally employable graduates. The University of Birmingham is the second most incessantly focused UK college for prime employers searching for graduate recruits, in accordance toHigh Fliers Research.
© Press Release 2021