SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Vodafone and Google Cloud right this moment introduced a brand new, six-year strategic partnership to drive using dependable and safe information analytics, insights, and learnings to assist the introduction of latest digital services and products for Vodafone prospects concurrently worldwide.
In a major enlargement of their present settlement, Vodafone and Google Cloud will collectively construct a strong new built-in information platform with the added functionality of processing and shifting large volumes of knowledge globally from a number of methods into the cloud.
The platform, known as ‘Nucleus’, will home a brand new system – ‘Dynamo’ – which can drive information all through Vodafone to allow it to extra rapidly supply its prospects new, personalised services and products throughout a number of markets. Dynamo will enable Vodafone to tailor new connectivity providers for houses and companies by the discharge of good community options, corresponding to offering a sudden broadband velocity increase.
Capable of processing round 50 terabytes of knowledge per day, equal to 25,000 hours of HD movie (and rising), each Nucleus and Dynamo, that are business firsts, are being constructed in-house by Vodafone and Google Cloud specialist groups. Up to 1,000 workers of each corporations positioned in Spain, the UK, and the United States are collaborating on the undertaking.
Vodafone has already recognized greater than 700 use-cases to ship new services and products rapidly throughout Vodafone’s markets, assist fact-based decision-making, scale back prices, take away duplication of knowledge sources, and simplify and centralise operations. The velocity and ease with which Vodafone’s working corporations in a number of nations can entry its information analytics, intelligence, and machine-learning capabilities may even be vastly improved.
By producing extra detailed perception and data-driven evaluation throughout the organisation and with its companions, Vodafone prospects around the globe can have a greater and extra enriched expertise. Some of the important thing advantages embrace:
- Enhancing Vodafone’s cellular, fastened, and TV content material and connectivity providers by the instantaneous availability of extremely personalised rewards, content material, and purposes. For instance, a client may obtain a sudden broadband velocity increase primarily based on personalised particular person wants.
- Increasing the variety of good community providers in its Google Cloud footprint from eight markets to the whole Vodafone footprint. This permits Vodafone to exactly match community roll-out to client demand, improve capability at essential instances, and use machine studying to foretell, detect, and repair points earlier than prospects are conscious of them.
- Empowering information scientists to collaborate on key environmental and well being points in 11 nations utilizing automated machine studying instruments. Vodafone is already aiding governments and help organisations, upon their request, with safe, anonymised, and aggregated motion information to deal with COVID-19. This partnership will additional enhance Vodafone’s potential to offer deeper insights, in accordance with native legal guidelines and rules, into the unfold of illness by clever analytics throughout a wider geographical space.
- Providing a whole digital reproduction of a lot of Vodafone’s inside assist features utilizing synthetic intelligence and superior analytics. Called a digital twin, it allows analytic fashions on Google Cloud to enhance response instances to enquiries and predict future demand. The system may even assist a digital twin of Vodafone’s huge digital infrastructure worldwide.
- In addition, Vodafone will re-platform its complete SAP surroundings to Google Cloud, together with the migration of its core SAP workloads and key company SAP modules corresponding to SAP Central Finance.
Johan Wibergh, Chief Technology Officer for Vodafone, mentioned: “Vodafone is building a powerful foundation for a digital future. We have vast amounts of data which, when securely processed and made available across our footprint using the collective power of Vodafone and Google Cloud’s engineering expertise, will transform our services, to our customers and governments, and the societies where they live and serve.”
Thomas Kurian, CEO at Google Cloud, commented: “Telecommunications firms are increasingly differentiating their customer experiences through the use of data and analytics, and this has never been more important than during the current pandemic. We are thrilled to be selected as Vodafone’s global strategic cloud partner for analytics and SAP, and to co-innovate on new products that will accelerate the industry’s digital transformation.”
Technical Note to Editors
All information generated by Vodafone within the markets during which it operates is saved and processed within the required Google Cloud services as per native jurisdiction necessities and in accordance with native legal guidelines and rules. Customer permissions and Vodafone’s personal rigorous safety and privateness by design processes additionally apply.
On the again of their collaborative work, Vodafone and Google Cloud may even discover alternatives to offer consultancy providers, provided both collectively or independently, to different multi-national organisations and companies.
The platform is being constructed utilizing the newest hybrid cloud applied sciences from Google Cloud to facilitate the fast standardisation and motion of knowledge in each Vodafone’s bodily information centres and onto Google Cloud. Dynamo will direct all of Vodafone’s worldwide information, extracting, encrypting, and anonymizing the info from supply to cloud and again once more, enabling clever information evaluation and producing efficiencies and perception.
Vodafone maintains huge troves of priceless enterprise information, and it wants to have the ability to extract and mix information from one system with information from one other, and to maneuver information between a number of enterprise methods.
Nucleus is Vodafone’s world built-in information platform with a regular information mannequin and customary processes, information sourcing and information merchandise.
Google Cloud and Vodafone are co-developing this completely new platform to assist Vodafone reinvent its strategy to information, analytics and enterprise intelligence. It will make enterprise insights out there extra rapidly and empower knowledgeable resolution making. Nucleus will use information that may be trusted, due to clear lineage and sturdy information governance capabilities from Google Cloud.
Dynamo is the a part of Nucleus that extracts and manages information from supply methods and distributes the info to the place it’s used. This market-first hybrid information integration system will assist Vodafone scale back prices, re-use information artefacts, and simplify and centralise operations throughout its world footprint.
It makes use of the newest hybrid cloud applied sciences to facilitate the motion of knowledge in a regular format utilizing a single expertise that runs as one system in Vodafone and Google information centres.
Key advantages embrace:
- Encouraging re-use of knowledge and compliance with requirements throughout a number of markets by basing all of the person interfaces on frequent API’s and powerful safety and compliance protocols.
- Supporting the motion of 5,000 information feeds per day to the cloud – the equal of 50 terabytes per day or greater than 10 petabytes every year and rising.
- Avoiding duplication of knowledge extraction efforts by constructing reusable connectors to methods like SAP and many others and reusable information pipelines, halving the time taken to extract information and decreasing the time taken to generate insights.
- Increasing the velocity at which new information pipelines are constructed by 25%. These pipelines transfer the info from the supply the place it’s generated to a warehouse or information hub for storage and evaluation.
- Automatically controlling the capability of an information pipeline relying on time of day and demand.
- Improving zero-touch automation with good alerts and self-healing capabilities.
Leveraging Google Cloud’s information and analytics applied sciences like BigQuery and Dataproc, the platform, known as Neuron, allows Nucleus. Announced in November 2019, Neuron is now operational in a number of Vodafone markets.
Google Cloud’s scalable, dependable, and safe infrastructure will underpin Vodafone’s SAP environments, enabling Vodafone to enhance its SAP methods with Google Cloud’s analytics and AI capabilities, and serving to to derive extra worth out of its SAP information. Accenture will act as Vodafone’s SAP migration associate, serving to Vodafone seamlessly transition enterprise essential SAP environments onto Google Cloud.
About Google Cloud
Google Cloud gives organizations with main infrastructure, platform capabilities and business options. We ship enterprise-grade cloud options that leverage Google’s cutting-edge expertise to assist corporations function extra effectively and adapt to altering wants, giving prospects a basis for the long run. Customers in additional than 150 nations flip to Google Cloud as their trusted associate to resolve their most important enterprise issues.
Vodafone is a number one telecommunications firm in Europe and Africa. We are the biggest cellular and stuck community operator in Europe and a number one world IoT connectivity supplier. Our M-Pesa expertise platform in Africa allows over 45m individuals to learn from entry to cellular funds and monetary providers. We function cellular and stuck networks in 21 nations and associate with cellular networks in 48 extra. As of 31 December 2020, we had over 300m cellular prospects, greater than 27m fastened broadband prospects, over 22m TV prospects and we related greater than 118m IoT gadgets.
SOURCE Google Cloud