The analytics job report, introduced by Analytics India Magazine (AIM), gives a broad research of the information science job panorama – protecting profiles and roles that require analytics competencies and abilities. The analysis gives a complete view of the expertise market that was affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and its restoration for the reason that lockdown restrictions have been lifted. The report highlights the upswing in analytics jobs within the post-pandemic world and elements which have led to it.
This report additionally outlines which practical analytics abilities and programming languages are at present most in-demand out there. The report gives insights for recruiters and hiring firms to review the demand for abilities throughout the analytics operate. They can determine and shut any functionality gaps throughout workforces. By highlighting the expertise hotspots within the nation, the report permits organisations to construct a gentle expertise pipeline from varied areas or cities.
Benefits and Key Takeaways
We hope the report is a useful level of reference for aspiring professionals, trade consultants, and assume tanks. As a results of the unlucky pandemic, the analytics area in 2020 witnessed modifications and churn by way of job losses and a slowdown in job creation. The accelerated adoption of information science/AI applied sciences that started instantly after the 1st wave of the pandemic, and the renewed enterprise exercise of firms, which led to the hiring of analytics professionals, are essential elements which have led to an upswing in knowledge science jobs. The enthusiasm and optimism across the analytics operate in India proceed to stay excessive, and the trade is cautiously anticipating what the long run holds for knowledge science and jobs inside this area.
This Job Study is a holistic evaluation of the Indian Analytics and Data Science jobs and abilities panorama. This research/report covers the highest job traits within the analytics area, particularly open jobs at a given cut-off date. It gives an in depth break-up and evaluation of jobs by sure standards, reminiscent of cities, industries, expertise ranges, applied sciences/instruments, and wage hierarchies. The report gives particulars and evaluation of the sorts of firms which are recruiting key expertise within the knowledge science area. The report identifies causes for important shifts or modifications in hiring traits throughout the standards outlined above.
Top Trends In Analytics And Data Science
(Source for the job figures and traits beneath: Leading profession portals, together with Naukri.com, LinkedIn jobs part, and Monsterindia.com)
Open Data Science Jobs Trend (April 2014 to June 2021)
- Although it’s tough to establish the precise variety of open analytics job openings for a given month, round 137,870 open jobs have been accessible on the time of reporting within the 2nd week of June 2021, based on the evaluation carried out by AIMResearch. This is the very best variety of analytics jobs marketed in India (since AIM Research began recording these numbers in April 2015)
- These open jobs can be found jobs to be stuffed within the knowledge analytics operate at any given cut-off date and never absolutely the variety of new jobs created every month.
- The analytics jobs determine for June 2021 witnessed a 47.1% enhance in open jobs requirement in comparison with the identical interval final yr (June 2020).
- Last yr, the pandemic precipitated a big decline in jobs after the declaration of the lockdown in March 2020. The open jobs fell to a mean of 93,755 in June 2020.
- There was a drop or contraction in open jobs year-on-year within the months of June and July 2020 – 10.6% and 17.5%, respectively. This contraction is because of the recessionary setting that was attributable to the unlucky pandemic.
- From a peak of 109,000 analytics jobs in February 2020, the open jobs determine fell to a low of 82,576 in June 2020, a drop of 24.2%.
- However, after June, the analytics job market took a U-turn as soon as India began lifting its lockdown restrictions from June 2020.
- From June 2020 to June 2021, the variety of open analytics jobs elevated by 67.0%.
- The circumstances introduced by the pandemic has led to a rise within the variety of open analytics jobs post-lockdown.
- Many analytics professionals needed to be laid off throughout the lockdown due to the financial uncertainty created by the pandemic. However, as firms get better from the Covid impression, many of those positions have to be backfilled, resulting in a big enhance within the analytics jobs marketed put up lockdown.
- To add to that, the pandemic has accelerated digital/AI adoption to an excellent extent. The nation noticed a 45% enhance in AI adoption charge, based on a PwC report. The report additionally stated that round 94% of organisations in India now imagine that AI will assist create extra alternatives than be a risk to their trade. Companies thus assume that that is the suitable time to spend money on enhancing their digital capabilities, growing the demand for analytics professionals.
- In June 2021, India contributed to 9.4% of the entire world analytics job openings. This is a big soar from 7.2% of complete world job openings in January 2020. India’s share of world analytics jobs has elevated due to the next three elements:
- An evolving analytics area in India evidenced by a year-on-year enhance in funding in Indian analytics start-ups and growth of area of interest analytics capabilities, together with Data Analytics, Digital, Cloud Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Organisations are investing within the growth of enhanced analytics capabilities in India. This has led to Domestic IT agency, Semiconductor and Electronics, International Technology, and Software companies promoting a larger no. of open jobs in India (v/s globally).
- India grew to become a number one adopter of AI amongst all main economies (together with the US, Japan, and the UK) amid the pandemic.
- The ten main organisations with the best variety of analytics jobs marketed in August are dominated by the MNC and Domestic IT & KPO organisations – Accenture, Capgemini, IBM India, Deloitte, Hewlett-Packard, Fiserv, Cognizant Technology, Eaton Technologies, Dell International, and Mphasis.
- 97.0% of analytics jobs marketed in India are full-time, signifying the strengthening of the Indian analytics hiring market. Just 3% of the roles type part-time, internship or contractual jobs – just like January 2020 and the general development of 2019, when an approximate 97.5% full-time and a pair of.5% part-time jobs have been marketed.
- The high designations marketed are Analytics Specialist, Data Scientist, Decision Science Manager, Business Analyst, Analytics Manager, Statistical Modelling, Statistical Analyst, Marketing Research Analytics, and Operations Analytics Manager.
Analytics Jobs By Cities
- In phrases of cities, Bengaluru as soon as once more accounted for the utmost proportion of open jobs, contributing to 27.9% of analytics jobs in India in June 2021. This is a big enhance from August 2020, when the share was at 23.2%. Bengaluru stays the popular hiring vacation spot in India for analytics jobs for the final 4-5 years.
- This is obvious as a result of Bengaluru is house to the utmost variety of analytics start-ups that obtained the very best funding for 3 consecutive years (after eradicating the one largest funding for 2019) to 2020 – translating to a larger proportion of job openings within the metropolis.
- Moreover, a lot of the Technology, IT, and Boutique Analytics companies run most of their Digital, Analytics, and Data Science operations from town, propelling town to the highest of the checklist of most well-liked places for open jobs.
- Delhi/NCR stood second, contributing 19.1% of the analytics jobs in India in June 2021, a slight lower from 20.3% in August 2020 and from 21.2% in January 2020.
- The proportion of jobs in Delhi as of June 2021 has been the bottom since 2018, indicating a shift in location preferences for these firms promoting analytics jobs.
- Approximately 12.2% of the analytics jobs in June 2021 marketed have been for the placement of Mumbai, down from 14.8% in August 2020. This lower in proportion is essentially because of the base impact of the entire variety of jobs. While the general variety of analytics jobs (throughout main cities) from August 2020 to June 2021 elevated by 22.3%, Mumbai’s jobs elevated by solely 0.7%. Despite this, Mumbai nonetheless holds the third-highest proportion of analytics jobs as of June 2021.
Analytics Jobs By Sector Or Industry (Excluding Analytics Jobs In The IT Sector)
- Banking & Financial Sector: The monetary sector continues to be the most important influencer within the analytics job market, with 27.8% of all analytics jobs in June 2021 marketed by BFSI companies. However, this proportion has been seeing a declining development since 2018 (when it was at 41.0%). There has been a pointy decline of 8.4 proportion factors from August 2020 (when it was at 36.2%) to the present ranges.
- Energy & Utilities: The proportion of jobs within the Energy & Utilities sector elevated considerably from August 2020 to June 2021. The sector marketed 17.3% of the general analytics jobs in June 2021, up from 9.5% in August 2020 and 10.6% in January 2020. Moreover, the June 2021 proportion has been the very best since 2018.
- Media & Entertainment: The Media & Entertainment sector additionally noticed a pointy rise in analytics jobs from 9.3% in August 2020 to 17.3% in June 2021. The sector has noticed a gentle rise within the proportion of analytics jobs over time as there’s a larger demand for analytics within the digital media and on-line streaming sub-vertical.
- E-commerce: The proportion of analytics jobs marketed by the E-commerce sector dropped to 11.6% in June 2021 from 15.0% in August 2020. This comes after e-commerce noticed the biggest enhance within the proportion of analytics jobs in comparison with different sectors from January 2021 to August 2021 (4.2 proportion factors).
- Telecom Industry: The proportion of jobs within the Telecom sector decreased barely to 4.3% in June 2021, down from 5.5% in August 2020, which in flip is a rise from 4.6% in January 2020.
- Pharma & Healthcare Industry: This sector noticed decreased analytics jobs from 16.7% in August 2020 to 12.9% in June 2021. The hiring on this trade has seen a steady upward development, with analytics jobs growing from 11.1% in 2018 and 12.6% in 2019 to 16.1% in January 2020. The decline from August 2020 to June 2021 is essentially because of the base impact of the entire variety of jobs.
- Retail & CPG: The proportion of open jobs marketed for the Retail & CPG sector is 5.6% in June 2021, up from 3.8% in August 2020 and down from 6.8% in January 2020.
- Automobile: The proportion of analytics jobs marketed within the Automobile sector has shrunk to three.2% in June 2021, from 3.5% in August 2020 and from 3.7% in January 2020. Moreover, the June 2021 proportion is the bottom since 2018.
- Travel & Hospitality: The sector marketed no analytics jobs in June 2021, down from a minor proportion of 0.4% jobs posted in August 2020
Experience Requirement For Analytics Jobs
- The yr 2020 started with a rise within the proportion of mid-senior and senior-level open jobs in analytics. This development has continued until June 2021, with a larger proportion of senior-level jobs marketed.
- The proportion of jobs for 7 – 10 years’ expertise vary elevated to 16.3% in June 2021, up from 14.9% in August 2020, 12.5% in January 2020 and 6.7% in 2019. This enhance happened after a drop from 10.5% in 2018 to six.7% in 2019.
- Similarly, the proportion of jobs for 10 to 15 years of expertise elevated to 12.5% in June 2021 from 11.0% in August 2020. Before this, the proportion of analytics jobs on this bracket doubled to eight.6% in January 2020 from 4.3% in 2019.
- The proportion of jobs for analytics professionals with larger than 15 years of expertise additionally noticed a giant soar to 8.9% in June 2021, up from 4.9% in August 2020, 2.8% in January 2020 and simply 1.0% from 2019
- This secular enhance within the proportion of jobs for senior-level positions is because of the consolidation in analytics operate in India:
- The development of a larger proportion of jobs for skilled professionals endures regardless of an general recessionary setting, signifying a maturing Analytics and Data Science area in India.
- Almost one in ten (8.9%) analytics jobs have been marketed for an expertise degree larger than 15 years. This highlights the hiring of management roles throughout the Data Science area as a substitute of roles targeted on supply or programme administration. This is additional emphasised by the mixed proportion of 37.7% of jobs for analytics positions with expertise larger than seven years (highest since 2018).
- Correspondingly, 62.3% of analytics job openings are for professionals with lower than seven years of job expertise. This exhibits a declining development from 2019, and the proportion is the bottom since 2018:
- For the expertise class of 5-7 years, the proportion of jobs has marginally elevated to 18.7% in June 2021 from 18.6% in August 2020. This proportion was 19.3% in January 2020.
- For the expertise class of 2-5 years, the proportion of jobs has decreased to 18.9% in June 2021 from 20.6% in August 2020 and 24.1% in January 2020.
- For the expertise class of 1-2 years, the proportion of jobs has decreased to 13.0% in June 2021 from 16.6% in August 2020 and 17.9% in January 2020.
- For the expertise class of 0-1 years, the proportion of jobs has decreased to 11.8% in June 2021 from 13.3% in August 2020 and 14.7% in January 2020.
Analytics Jobs By Tools & Technologies
The figures researched for the roles throughout the classes of Tool and Technologies are a proportion of the Total Analytics Jobs.
- Almost 26.3% of marketed jobs require Python as a core ability in June 2021, a negligible decline from 26.6% from August 2020 however a rise from 18.5% in January 2020.
- R abilities come third at 6.3% (down from 9.6% in August 2020), and demand for SAS abilities elevated to 4.8% in June 2021 (up from 4.2% in August 2020)
- Among Dashboarding and BI instruments, Tableau abilities are most in-demand (growing to 11.9% in June 2021 from 10.8% in August 2020 and from 7.6% in January 2020), adopted by Microsoft Power BI (growing to eight.9% in June 2021 from 6.5% in August 2020, and from 3.3% in January 2020). QlikView additionally noticed a big enhance in its demand (growing to six.2% in June 2021 from 1.9% in August 2020 and 1.4% in January 2020)
Salaries Advertised For Analytics Jobs
- The median wage marketed for analytics jobs in India as of June 2021 is INR 9.7 Lakhs each year, a slight enhance from August 2020 when it was 9.5 lakhs each year and from January 2020 when it was 9.4 Lakhs each year. Advertised salaries are typically decrease than precise salaries.
- There has been a slight enhance within the proportion of marketed jobs with salaries larger than 15 Lakhs each year from August 2020 to June 2021, however this proportion is lesser than that in January 2020:
- 13.5% of all jobs in June 2021 marketed a wage larger than Rs. 15 Lakhs versus 13.1% in August 2020. In January 2020, this proportion was 13.8%.
- 11.1% of all marketed jobs in June 2021 supply a wage between Rs. 15-25 Lakhs as in opposition to 10.3% in August 2020 and 10.5% in January 2020.
- A negligible variety of jobs marketed have been for salaries larger than 50 Lakhs each year:
- Around 2.1% of all marketed jobs in June 2021 supply a wage between Rs. 25-50 Lakhs. Only 0.2% supply a wage between 50-75 Lakhs each year.
- None of the roles marketed in June 2021 was for salaries larger than 75 Lakhs each year.
- The decrease proportion of marketed jobs within the larger wage ranges is attributed to employers withholding wage particulars of the upper paying analytics jobs – this gives employers extra negotiating energy on the time of wage discussions – that is all of the extra important throughout the recessionary setting as there are proportionately fewer jobs, extra candidates, and a larger chance of negotiating decrease salaries when affords are made.
- A mixed proportion of 86.5% of the marketed jobs is for salaries lower than 15 Lakhs.
- The 6-10 lakh wage vary had the very best proportion of analytics jobs marketed in June 2021 at 31.5%, a marginal enhance as in comparison with August 2020, when it was 30.7%
- The proportion of jobs with entry-level salaries decreased from August 2020 to June 2021. This might be attributed to the rise within the proportion of mid-senior and senior-level open jobs in analytics
- 64.3% of the roles marketed in June 2021 supply a wage lower than 10 Lakhs each year, versus 68.0% in August 2020 and 69.0% in January 2020
- 8.5% of the roles marketed in June 2021 supply a wage between 0-3 Lakhs each year, versus 9.6% in August 2020 and 12.4% in January 2020
- 24.3% of the roles marketed in June 2021 supply a wage between 3-6 Lakhs each year, versus 27.7% in August 2020 and 26.7% in January 2020.
Analytics Jobs By Company Type
- More than 4 in 5 analytics jobs marketed in June 2021 have been posted by MNC IT & KPO Service Providers. These companies have noticed a rising proportion of analytics jobs from 2018 (after they marketed solely 23.6% of the analytics jobs). Since then, this proportion has elevated to 59.4% in 2019 and 74.6% in January 2020, solely to see it drop to 67.8% in August 2020. As of June 2021, MNC IT & KPO Service Providers make up 81.5% of analytics jobs marketed.
- Domestic IT & KPO Service suppliers contributed to solely 9.0% of the entire analytics jobs marketed in January 2020. This proportion greater than doubled by August 2020 to achieve 18.9%, solely to drop again to 9.0% in June 2021.
- Over three years again, Captive Centres in India had one of many highest percentages (40.7% in 2018) of analytics job necessities. However, this proportion fell to 4.1% in June 2021 from 5.8% in August 2020 and 11.0% in January 2020.
- The Indian client companies contributed to just one.6% of the analytics jobs in June 2021, the bottom amongst all firm varieties. These companies marketed 9.1% of the entire analytics job postings in 2018, after which this proportion has seen a declining development. This proportion diminished to 4.0% in 2019 and 1.6% in January 2020.
- Consulting Firms’ proportion of analytics job postings elevated from 2.5% in August 2020 to achieve 3.7% in June 2021, the identical as January 2020. The Consulting firms run their analytics operations in India as value centres – and have diminished hiring as a direct results of the recessionary setting. Hence, these companies have additionally seen a declining development within the proportion of analytics job marketed, decreasing from 13.3% in 2019 to three.7% in June 2021.
There are roughly 138,000 jobs open in June 2021, a 67.0% enhance from June 2020 when the typical of marketed analytics jobs reached the bottom because of the pandemic.
This enhance in job numbers will be primarily attributed to the backfilling exercise of firms after they laid off many workers because of the lockdown in March 2020. It can be attributed to the accelerated adoption of AI/knowledge science in India, which is a direct results of the pandemic.
Read the whole report right here:
Join Our Telegram Group. Be a part of an attractive on-line neighborhood. Join Here.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the newest updates and related affords by sharing your e-mail.